Montana Bison and Leather is a veteran owned business located in Kalispell, Montana. Dan Baldwin, the owner, is a self-taught craftsman. Working with leather started as a hobby and turned into a passion, then a business.
Staff Sergeant Dan Baldwin is a medically retired Viet Nam Era Veteran. In his nearly ten years of service, he served two tours in Germany and two in Viet Nam, including as a Drill Sergeant, preparing young men for service in a combat zone. After a career in electrical wholesale and trucking, he is happily retired and enjoying the precision, and creativity of leather work.
Montana Bison and Leather is a member of Made in Montana and the Artists and Craftsmen of the Flathead. Materials come from Montana to the maximum extent possible. Much of our leather comes from two stores in Billings, Montana.
Montana Bison and Leather specializes in tote bags, purses, backpacks, and computer and brief cases. Designs vary from rustic map bags to highly stylish tote bags to sophisticated brief cases. If you want a big name and price tag, I’m not your guy. But if you want hand sewn, premium leathers, with interesting design, color, and texture you’re in the right place.
Leathers are hand selected and top quality, colors and textures are artfully combined, and all work meticulously done by hand. Odds are very low that you will ever see someone carrying the same bag or tote as yours.
We want you to be satisfied with your bag from Montana Bison and Leather and we stand behind our work. If you’re not satisfied with your bag, please contact us within 10 days and we’ll determine if a refund is applicable. If there’s a flaw in the bag that is the result of our construction, we will definitely fix it. We want you to be satisfied so please call. NOTE: The product must be in NEW CONDITION and have prior approval.
Leather, being a natural product, is subject to friction, scratching, stretching, and fading. We can only be responsible for what we control. We are therefore not responsible for damage that is based on wear and tear, friction, scratches, overloading, or other use related issues. If a problem develops that’s related to our construction, please send a photo and we’ll contact you about fixing it.
Note that Pull Up Leathers have oils that may refresh mars and shallow scratches. If your bag is listed as made from a Pull Up Leather, try gently stretching the leather around a mar. Often the oils in the leather will heal the mar.
If you like a bag, called us at 406-890-4245 or email: montanabisonandleather.com We carry limited inventory. If we have the bag, we’ll get it in the mail to you at no additional cost as long as it is sent within the lower 48 states. If we don’t have the bag, we’ll let you know how long it will take to make your bag and mail it to you. We will do everything we can to get the item you want to you as soon as possible. Our bags are all handmade and we ask for your patience.
If you want a bag made with one of the patterns on the website but with different leather or colors, let us know. Cost and timing for special orders may vary depending on the price and availability of leather, and whether choices result in extra work (such as choosing a softer leather that requires lining), and other variables. We do not do monograms.
Prices are subject to change without notice. Inflation is affecting our business just like everything else today.
Payment is due prior to shipping.
NOTE: How long it takes to complete a bag varies and is subject to the number of items ahead of you as well as the availability of materials. Supply chain issues are now a fact of life, especially with unique leathers. Dan works as fast as he can and will get it to you as soon as possible. If we can’t get the needed materials, we’ll contact you and see if you want to change or cancel the order. Dan is a production crew of one, so it takes time but you’ll get a high quality, unique bag. We don’t promise what we can’t deliver and will keep you informed of any unexpected delays.
Payment is due upon completion of your order and prior to shipment. Shipping is included in the cost of the bag when mailed within the lower 48 states. By placing an order, you are accepting and agreeing to our terms and conditions. Payments are processed through a Square Terminal which provides encryption and privacy protections.
When you place your order, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- We carry limited inventory. If we have the item in stock, we’ll mail it to you upon receipt of payment. If we don’t have it in stock, we’ll contact you and give you an estimated completion date. Your bag will be constructed as soon as possible but is subject to the number of items ahead of you as well as the availability of materials to make it. If the estimated completion date is delayed by uncontrollable events, we’ll keep you informed.
- Special orders are limited to styles show on the website. Different colors and leathers may be available on a special-order basis. Costs may vary.
- We do not monogram.
- If materials are not available, we’ll contact you and determine if you want to cancel the order or order a different bag.
- Prices are subject to change without notice due to inflation.
- Payment is due upon completion of the bag but prior to shipment.
- Shipping costs are included in the price of your bag when mailed within the lower 48 states.
- If you’re not satisfied with your bag, contact us within 10 business days of receipt and we’ll determine if a refund is applicable. The product must be in NEW CONDITION and if have our prior approval. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If a flaw develops in your bag that is the result of construction, send us a photograph and we’ll contact you about fixing it
- Montana Bison and Leather is not responsible for damage due to friction, scratching, stretching, overloading, fading, and other use related issues.
- We welcome comments and will contact you before sharing any positive feedback you provide.
- Payment will be made through a Square Terminal which provides encryption and privacy protecti